Reduce our footprint
- Recuperate and re-use rain water.
- Eco composting toilets, that reduce the use of potable water being wasted.
- Downstairs toilet has a reduced flush.
- We have an A+ washing machine and line-dry outside.
Organic and Local
- NO chemical pesticides or insecticides in our garden
- We buy organic and local produce.
- We have fresh local mountain spring water straight from the tap.
- All new appliances are made in EU.
- Promote all local events that we hear of, so you can enjoy the full cultural experiences of our region.
- All double beds are made with organic and fair-trade cotton sheets.
- Local woollen blankets produced locally in the valley.
Ecological cleaning products
- No chemical cleaning products.
- Detergent and cleaners are highly biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- The soaps available to guests are vegan and organic.
Waste recycling / Zero Waste
Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot
- Actively source produce that has zero waste.
- Compost all vegetable and organic scraps.
- Buy produce locally and in bulk.
- Paper and cotton shopping bags instead of plastic.
- No bottled water to reduce plastic waste.
- Store foods in glass jars and containers to reduce the need for plastic.
- Use the local recycling bins.
- Energy saving lightbulbs fitted through out the property
- Office is run entirely by solar energy.
- ‘Goal Zero’ solar generator for guests to charge their devices during the summer months.
- All new appliances have the EU Energy Label Class A or above.
- Solar powered outdoor lights.
- We used local materials and businesses.
- Energy-efficient technologies.
- Installed wood fibre insulations.
- Installed double glazing.
- Recycled as much building waste onsite as possible.
We plan to
- Replace our heating system with an eco, wood burner.
- Install a solar powered hot water system for the main house.